In a teaser clip of Oprah Winfrey’s interview with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, the Duchess of Sussex had been asked how she felt about the palace hearing her “speak your truth today”.
She has said Buckingham Palace could not expect her and Prince Harry to be silent if it was “perpetuating falsehoods about us”.
Meghan also said: “If that comes with risk of losing things, I mean… there is a lot that has been lost already.”
Buckingham Palace is investigating claims Meghan Markle bullied royal staff.
The allegations of bullying leveled at Meghan were published after the interview with Oprah was recorded.
The interview with Oprah, which will air in the US on March 7 and in the UK on March 8, is expected to detail Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s short period as working royals together before they stepped down for a life in the US.
In the 30-second teaser clip released by CBS, Oprah Winfrey asks Meghan: “How do you feel about the palace hearing you speak your truth today?”
The duchess replies: “I don’t know how they could expect that, after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that The Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit their roles as senior working royals in March 2020, and now live in California.
A report in the Times on March 3 claimed the duchess faced a complaint made in October 2018, while the duke and duchess were living at Kensington Palace after their marriage in May of that year.
A leaked email sent from a staff member, which was published by the newspaper, alleges that Meghan Markle drove two personal assistants out of the household. The report claims the duchess undermined the confidence of a third member of staff.
In a statement later, Buckingham Palace – which is responsible for the hiring of royal staff – said it was “clearly very concerned about allegations in the Times” and its HR team would look into the circumstances outlined in the article.
The statement said: “The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”
Past and present royal employees are to be invited to speak in confidence about their experiences of working for Meghan Markle as part of the investigation.
The bullying allegations are denied by Meghan and Prince Harry.
A statement issued by Meghan Markle’s spokesman in response to the newspaper’s story said: “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.
“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”
Meghan and Prince Harry’s TV interview with Oprah will be aired on CBS in the US on the evening of Sunday, March 7.
CBS has said Meghan will be interviewed about “stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood” and “how she is handling life under intense public pressure”.