Skinny courgette lasagne
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- olive oil for brushing and for the dressing
- 300 g · 11oz mix of green vegetables
- 1 large courgette or two smaller ones about
- 300 g · 11oz total
- 200 g · 7oz frozen cooked spinach defrosted
- 100 g · 3½ oz soft goat’s cheese
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- sea salt and black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Select a baking tray with shallow sides and grease it lightly. Alternatively, you can use a greased loaf tin measuring about 22cm x 12cm x 6cm (8½ in x 4¾ in x 2½ in). Have the blanched green vegetables ready. Using a mandoline or swivel vegetable peeler, thinly slice the courgette lengthways into even ribbons. Squeeze off excess water from the spinach. Beat the spinach with the cheese, crème fraîche, garlic, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Lay about 4 slices of courgette lengthways, overlapping slightly, to make a rectangle on the baking sheet (or in the loaf tin). Spread a quarter of the goat’s cheese mixture on top. Cover this with half the vegetables and top with a quarter more of the cheese mixture. Arrange more overlapping slices of courgette on top. Repeat the layers, ending with courgettes. Brush the top with olive oil and season. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and just beginning to turn golden on the top.
- Combine 4 tbsp olive oil with the lemon juice and mint. Steadying the top of the lasagne with your fingers, cut into thick slices using a serrated knife. If made in a loaf tin, allow to cool slightly before slicing or carefully turning out. Serve with the minty lemon dressing.