Tara Reid’s holiday in France has come to an abrupt halt after she was hospitalized earlier this week.
The American Pie actress has spent the last several days in a medical facility.
According to TMZ.com, Tara Reid was taken in after suffering from acute pancreatitis.
The news comes just days after she was photographed looking uncomfortable as she clutched her stomach during a stroll.
Tara Reid's holiday in France has come to an abrupt halt after she was hospitalized earlier this week
But Tara Reid has now taken to her Twitter page she reassure fans she was in fact suffering from food poisoning, and then hurt her back during a jet ski ride.
The actress wrote: “Don’t worry everyone I’m all good and heathy (sic) I got a seafood poisening (sic) and hurt my back on the jetski but I’m all better thanks for caring!
“Jetski’s are fun but you have to be safe they can be very dangerous!”
Tara Reid has been spotted several times sunning herself on a yacht or partying the nights away over the last few weeks.
But she’s not been seen since Tuesday, when she wore an unflattering bright pink tracksuit looking miserable as she walked along with a friend.
It now seems her unhappy demeanour is a result of her being in pain from food poisoning.
Photos seem to show she was partying and letting her hair down a fair bit before the hospitalization, while she’s looked happy and relaxed in Twitter photos she’s shared with her fans.
New research shows that bug bombs are ineffective against bed-bug pests. In a new study, the first of its kind to be published, etymologists at Ohio State University tested three commercially available foggers – sold under the Hot Shot, Spectracide, and Eliminator brands, respectively – and concluded that all three products were virtually useless at fighting bed bug infestations.
In “Ineffectiveness of Over-the-Counter Total-Release Foggers Against the Bed Bug (Heteroptera: Cimicidae),” an article appearing in the June issue of JEE, authors Susan C. Jones and Joshua L. Bryant provide the first scientific evidence that these products should not be recommended for control of this increasingly worrisome urban pest.
“There has always been this perception and feedback from the pest-management industry that over-the-counter foggers are not effective against bed bugs and might make matters worse,” said Susan Jones, an urban entomologist with the university’s Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC) and a household and structural pest specialist with OSU Extension. “But up until now there has been no published data regarding the efficacy of foggers against bedbugs.”
Researchers exposed five different groups of live bedbugs to the products for two hours, and found few adverse effects on the bugs. When the bugs had a place to hide, as in real-world conditions, few died as a result of exposure to the foggers.
The only exception was one group of bedbugs that died in significant numbers five to seven days after being directly exposed to one of the foggers.
But the researchers say it’s very unlikely that bedbugs will be directly exposed to the mist from insect foggers because they can hide very easily in small spaces.
“These foggers don’t penetrate in cracks and crevices where most bed bugs are hiding, so most of them will survive,” Jones said. “If you use these products, you will not get the infestation under control, you will waste your money, and you will delay effective treatment of your infestation. Bed bugs are among the most difficult and expensive urban pests to control. It typically takes a professional to do it right. Also, the ineffective use of these products can lead to further resistance in insects.”
Bedbugs are hitchhikers, they get into your house by clinging on to clothing, shoes, handbags and upholstered furniture. Once they’re in our house, they can live up to eight months without “eating”. The tiny bugs breed quickly and if you don’t treat for bedbugs quickly, you’ll have a major infestation on your hands. Experts say 40 bed bugs today will be 6000 in 6 months! Bedbugs don’t have to live on mattresses, they can also live in furniture and in walls.
Bed bugs are a major nuisance but generally don’t pose a threat to health, as their bites rarely cause more than itching welts or the occasional allergic reaction. Foggers, on the other hand, can be hazardous if used incorrectly.
In a 2008 report, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicated that at least 466 fogger-related injuries or illnesses were documented across eight states between 2001 and 2006. The most common ill effects—such as headaches, nausea, and coughing – tended to be minor and short-lived, although hospitalization was required in 21 cases.
“Bedbugs are among the most difficult and expensive urban pests to control. It typically takes a professional to do it right,” says Jones. “Also, the ineffective use of these products can lead to further resistance in insects.”
Additionally, the CDC says excessive use of bug bombs, foggers, and other insecticides against bedbugs can lead to human illness and possibly death.
Journal source: http://www.entsoc.org/Pubs/Periodicals/JEE
Reports claim that Demi Moore collapsed after taking nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, while at her LA home.
Demi Moore, 49, allegedly inhaled the laughing gas out of a canister commonly used in whipping cream cans. She allegedly collapsed after having a bad reaction, according to TMZ.
A source told TMZ Demi Moore started to show symptoms of a seizure after ingesting large amounts of the substance.
“Whip-it” is the street name for nitrous oxide contained in a small metal canister and usually used for recharging whipping cream cans in restaurants.
According to TMZ, a female friend who was with the actress while she was inhaling gas told hospital staff she became distressed when Demi Moore had a reaction and was rendered semi-unconscious.
The “whip-it” charger is sold separately and users inhale it from the canister to receive a “quick high”.
It is typically used by young teenagers and is popular because it can easily be bought over the counter from the supermarket.
Prescription medication is also said to have played a part in her hospitalization and that her consistent use was one of the causes of her marriage collapse.
“It was a sticking point for Ashton,” a source told People magazine. “He wanted her to take care of herself and get a hold of things, and she wouldn’t.
“Her family and friends have been really worried.”
Demi Moore has become frighteningly thin since her split with Ashton Kutcher
Insiders have also told People magazine that Demi Moore was troubled and not looking after herself long before Monday night’s hospital dash.
They say the problems began as she endured her break-up with Ashton Kutcher.
“Really, it was over the last year her friends saw a change,” a source told the magazine. “She wasn’t sleeping as well, didn’t seem to be eating and looked really gaunt.”
Demi Moore was rushed to hospital on Monday night.
The actress, who has appeared increasingly frail in recent weeks, was taken to hospital by ambulance following a call to 911 just before 11:00 pm.
Shortly after being admitted to hospital, website Radar claimed Demi Moore was being treated for anorexia, among other substance abuse issues.
The news emerged as Ashton Kutcher, 33, from whom she is estranged, was pictured enjoying a beer as he partied with friends at a Bruno Mars gig in Brazil.
Ashton Kutcher has been in the South American country for its fashion week.
Demi Moore has become frighteningly thin since her split with Ashton Kutcher, and a source close to the actress described what happened to her.
A source told Radar: “She collapsed after having an epileptic seizure… she has not taken care of her health at all lately and has lost a ton of weight.”
“Demi is in getting treated for anorexia, as well as other issues that caused her seizure,” the source added.
In the weeks before her hospitalization, Demi Moore was spotted letting loose on a wild night out with her daughter Rumer, 23.
On the night of January 11 she joined her eldest child at Hollywood hot spot Beacher’s Madhouse where sources tell Us Weekly magazine she was “table dancing while three guys sat there watching”.
At least one onlooker claims Demi Moore appeared intoxicated, although others only saw her drinking Red Bull.
Representatives for Demi Moore refused to directly comment on the substance abuse allegations. But her spokesperson said the actress is seeking “professional assistance” after the stresses of recent months.