Healthy can be mouthwateringly tasty too, as these delicious dishes crammed with broccoli, spinach, beetroot and tofu prove.
• 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• 1 bunch beetroot (4-6 beets), peeled and cut into wedges
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated
• A few sprigs of thyme or rosemary, leaves chopped
• 4 x chunky steaks, fillet or sirloin
• 100 g (3½ oz) bag of baby spinach
• 1 tbsp hot horseradish
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ gas 6. Place the veg on a large roasting tray, season, and drizzle over the balsamic and 2tbsp of the olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes.
Throw in the garlic and scatter over the thyme or rosemary. Cook for 30 mins or until all is caramelized and cooked through.
Season the steaks with pepper and sear in a hot pan, 1½-2 mins on each side. Rest for 5 mins.
Stir the spinach through the veg. Mix the remaining oil with the horseradish and add lemon juice to taste.
Slice the steak, serve on the veg, and drizzle over the sauce.