- Netflix online streaming collects monthly data in order to find out which ISP is able to stream its services better. They make this monthly report public to facilitate their users.
- Cable service providers Spectrum and Cox topped the list of October 2019. They are providing great speeds that allow Netflix to stream smoothly.
- Check local cable deals to find out the best internet packages for Netflix streaming.
Well, I guess most of you aren’t aware of the fact that Netflix stalks internet service providers. Well, I recently came across Netflix’s report which indicates which ISPs are doing a great job in providing a smooth Netflix experience to their users. Netflix has created an ISP leaderboard that ranks them with respect to their speed in megabits per second.
The recent analysis of Netflix has shown that in October 2019, cable service providers Spectrum and Cox delivered great speeds and facilitated Netflix users greatly. However, Verizon Fios topped the list of fiber optic internet service providers.
Which ISP streams the Netflix slowest?
Almost all the internet service providers are doing great in regards to Netflix streaming speed until they are not offering DSL internet service. Frontier, Verizon DSL, AT&T DSL failed to provide a smooth Netflix experience. We all know it for a fact that DSL provides low speeds than that of the cable and fiber internet connections. Spectrum internet is the best cable internet service provider however, Verizon Fios is among the best fiber internet service providers.
Which ISPs are doing great in streaming Netflix smoothly?
As you can see in the above graph, cable internet service providers Spectrum followed by Cox, Comcast, Optimum are doing great in providing high speeds that deliver smooth Netflix experience. They all are few decimals of one another, so certainly their users don’t have to encounter with the dread of Netflix’s spinning circle.
How does Netflix gather the data over different ISPs?
Well, Netflix monitors the average prime-time bitrates transmitted by different ISPs in the peak viewing hours. Mostly it is between 7 pm to 11 pm. Certainly, this index provided by Netflix isn’t the measure of the overall performance of the internet service but is just specified to their performance with Netflix.
Things to know in order to find out right ISP for Netflix:
Though you have the list of high performing internet service providers on you. But there are certain things you need to know before getting yourself an ISP for Netflix-ing.
- Firstly, know what speeds are suitable for streaming. To stream HD videos on Netflix, one does require 5 Mbps, however for ultra HD or 4k video quality one requires internet speed of 25 Mbps for fluent video streaming. 25 Mbps is not much of high speed and most of the internet service providers have reasonably priced packages that offer 25Mbps. Visit http://www.localcabledeals.com to find yourself a suitable internet package in your area.
- However, streaming songs online on Spotify or Deezer need you to have 2-10 Mbps. Cox and CenturyLink are offering lower-tier plans. These plans are great for elderly and kids which only have to play music and watch a few videos on YouTube.
By now you must have understood that high-speed and reliability is important in order to stream Netflix smoothly. We all have Netflix subscriptions and certainly don’t want to not be able to enjoy it just because of a slow internet connection. To enjoy Netflix at its best one does require a fast and reliable internet that doesn’t get stuck. Netflix’s leaderboard for ISPs keeps them in check and also help the masses to know which ISP is doing great with Netflix.