Two short-range ballistic missiles have been fired off North Korea’s east coast, according to South Korea’s military, the second such launch in a week.
They were launched from the Wonsan area on July 31.
Last week’s launch was the first such action since President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un met in June.
North Korea called last week’s launch a “solemn warning” to Seoul over its planned military exercises with Washington.
Pyongyang has previously expressed anger that the annual drills will go ahead next month- an event it sees as preparation for war.
The missiles were launched at 05:06AM and 05:27 AM local time from the Kalma area near the port of Wonsan.
The missiles flew 155 miles and reached a height of 20 miles before landing in the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea, said South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS).
The South Korean defense minister Jeong Kyeong-doo said the missiles were identified as a different type from previous models.
Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe confirmed that there was no impact on Japan’s security following the launch.
Donald Trump Becomes First US Sitting President to Cross into North Korea After Symbolic Meeting with Kim Jong-un at DMZ
Six days ago, North Korea fired two short range missiles, one of which travelled about 425 miles and the other 268 miles.
That launch was the first since President Trump and Kim Jong-un held an impromptu meeting in June at the demilitarized zone (DMZ), an area that divides the two Koreas, where they agreed to restarted denuclearization talks.
North Korea has recently again voiced anger over planned military exercises between South Korea and the US, an annual event which the allies have refused to cancel but have scaled back significantly.
One analyst said more missile tests could be expected.
North Korea called the drills a “violation of the spirit” of the joint statement signed by President Trump and Kim Jong-un at their first face-to-face talks in Singapore last year.
Pyongyang had warned the exercises could affect the resumption of denuclearization talks.
On July 29, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that he hoped these talks could start “very soon”, but that there were no further summits planned.
Last year, Kim Jong-un said North Korea would stop nuclear testing and would no longer launch intercontinental ballistic missiles.