NASA has announced it will reveal a major scientific discovery related to their continued exploration of Mars.
The findings will be detailed during a news briefing at 11:30 a.m. EDT on Monday, September 28 at the James Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters in Washington.
A brief question-and-answer session will take place during the event with reporters on site and by phone. Members of the public also can ask questions during the briefing using #AskNASA.
NASA won’t give too many details on what exactly the big reveal is.
According to the space agency’s website, the news conference participants will be:
- Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA Headquarters
- Michael Meyer, lead scientist for the Mars Exploration Program at NASA Headquarters
- Lujendra Ojha of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta
- Mary Beth Wilhelm of NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California and the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Alfred McEwen, principal investigator for the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) at the University of Arizona in Tucson