If you count yourself as a pretty big Game of Thrones fan, you no doubt know all there is to know about the books and the show. However, how well do you know the cast?
We’re here to help shed some light on some of our favourite actors and actresses that bring those heroes and villains to life so amazingly well.
- Peter Dinklage was the author George R.R. Martin’s first choice for the role of Tyrion
They didn’t even do any other auditions except for him. He’s also a vegetarian and apparently an avid karaoke fan!
- Sean Bean was also the first choice for his role
They did audition other actors for his part, in case he decided to turn down the role, however. His nickname on set was ‘Beany’.
- Sibel Kekilli’s previous roles may surprise you…
The critically acclaimed German actress who played Tyrion’s fiery lover Shae is a former porn star. She’s actually not even the only porn star to have a role in the franchise either…check out this article for more info!
- Catelyn Stark (played by actress Michelle Fairley) is surprised by the show’s success
She stated that ‘My first filming was three days of shooting – it was the ambush of Tyrion – and at the end of that first day I was expecting someone to come by the trailer and tell me to pack the bags and go home’.
- Acting wasn’t Gwendoline Christie’s first choice of career
The actress who plays burly Brienne was actually a semi-professional gymnast as a child, but sustained injuries to her spine which ultimately ended her progression. So she took to acting and modelling instead.
- Theon Greyjoy – Alfie Allen – has a very famous sister
He’s the little brother of Lily Allen, and was the inspiration of her song ‘Alfie’. You can listen to it here.
- Scottish actor Rory McCann aka The Hound is a supporter of the Scottish Green Party
He’s actually not just a supporter, but an active campaigner. You can view their campaign video in which he played a big part here.
- Your mum might have been a fan of Bronn (aka Jerome Flynn) previously…
The actor who plays Bronn was one half of 90s pop sensation Robson and Jerome.
- Theon Greyjoy isn’t the only one with famous relatives
There are even more impressive ones on set. Oona Chaplin is the granddaughter of comedian Charlie Chaplin, and Harry Lloyd is the great-great-great grandson of Charles Dickens!
- Wilko Johnson – otherwise known as Ser Ilyn – is especially different in real life
His main hobby is touring is playing guitar in the pub rock group Dr. Feelgood…bit different from his life in Game of Thrones!
They’re a crazy and colourful bunch, and the notion of them in character wearing sun glasses is even crazier. That’s what the team behind this hilarious infographic have envisioned, and we love it!