According to new reports, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended form BBC’s Top Gear for allegedly attacking the show’s assistant producer Oisin Tymon in a row over his dinner.
Jeremy Clarkson, 54, allegedly hit Oisin Tymon, 36, because there was no catering at a filming location.
The broadcaster confirmed that Top Gear would not be aired on Sunday, March 15, and the further two remaining episodes of this year’s series may also be axed while Jeremy Clarkson is investigated.
However, there has been a huge backlash to Jeremy Clarkson’s suspension with more than 210,000 signing a petition to have him reinstated and tens of thousands more used the #BringBackClarkson hashtag to show support.
MailOnline reported that ITV may be preparing a £10million ($15 million) bid to lure Jeremy Clarkson away.
Last night Jeremy Clarkson retweeted a message from a fan that said: “How can the BBC not show the remaining episodes of Top Gear, can’t this be resolved without making the fans suffer.”
Jeremy Clarkson’s daughter Emily also tweeted: “Oh God, BBC please take him back… He’s started cooking.”
The father-of-three allegedly threw a punch at Oisin Tymon – who has worked on Top Gear for the last 10 years and helped produce more than 75 episodes – during filming last week.
The incident came to light after being reported to BBC bosses on March 9.
A source told the Daily Mirror: “It was all over a catering issue. They came to the end of filming after a long day and Jeremy discovered that no food had been laid on.”
[youtube rHSjn-cza0U 650]