Cory Monteith’s autopsy report has revealed the star died from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol.
Glee star Cory Monteith, who was found dead in his hotel room on Saturday at the age of 31, died from a “mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol”, according to authorities.
The British Columbia Coroners Service revealed the autopsy results on Tuesday.
It follows claims Cory Monteith led a “double life” as a hard-worker when in Los Angeles, and a substance-abuser whenever he would return to his native Canada.
The BC Coroners Service added that the investigation into his death is continuing, and that no further details were available at this time.
It was noted that at this stage there is still no evidence to suggest that Cory Monteith’s death was “anything other than a tragic accident”.
It was also confirmed that Cory Monteith’s family have been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death.
Cory Monteith, who checked into rehab in March, managed to stay clean while on the Glee set, but his resolve to stay sober weakened whenever he visited Vancouver, a source told TMZ.
According to sources, Cory Monteith’s girlfriend and Glee co-star Lea Michele, along with the rest of the hit television show’s cast, were aware of his addiction problems and worked hard to keep him clean and sober.
Cory Monteith allegedly never showed up for work under the influence of drugs or alcohol and abstained from these substances “most of the time”.
But his life in Canada painted a different picture.
Cory Monteith allegedly returned to his hometown of Vancouver often, and surrounded himself with friends who fueled his addiction.
Drugs and alcohol were reportedly “always involved”.
His family is said to have been aware that he reverted back to his hard-partying ways in the North American city, but they were unable to help.
Cory Monteith’s family members reportedly became “alarmed” recently at his behavior and tried to come to his aid, but he grew “distant”.