A truck advertising “Fire & Smoke Restoration” has arrived at Ashley Greene’s Hollywood apartment a day after it was destroyed by a fire.
The truck was seen parked in front of the burnt building as cleaning experts talked with firefighters before heading inside the historic Hollywood landmark, on Saturday.
It is reported that the condo will have to be completely gutted and renovated due to extensive damage from the blaze.
According to TMZ, the apartment’s walls will need to be torn down and the floor will need to be removed as well.
Moisture damage from the fire – initially caused by an unattended candle – has affected four other units in Ashley Greene’s building and will also need renovation.
It has recently been revealed that during the blaze the unit directly above Ashley Greene’s was the only one that needed to be evacuated.
Ashley Greene, her unnamed boyfriend and her brother fled from the condo after being awoken by the fire, which killed one of her pet dogs and saw three unidentified residents suffer minor injuries.
A preliminary investigation determined the living room couch was set alight by a candle, according to law enforcement sources who spoke to TMZ.
Pictures from inside show the devastation caused after the fire tore through the entire apartment.
It is unclear if Ashley Greene’s unnamed boyfriend is Reese Witherspoon’s ex-husband Ryan Phillippe, 38. The pair became the subject of romance rumors this week after being photographed leaving Hollywood’s Vignette Lounge this week.
One of Ashley Greene’s two fox terrier dogs perished in the blaze and was found dead under the bed, according to a resident who spoke to TMZ.
A second dog was taken by Animal Control to be checked out.
Ashley Greene, 26, who plays vampire Alice Cullen in the Twilight franchise, fled the apartment with her brother and boyfriend after being woken by the fire. The two men apparently tried to go back to save the dogs after realizing they were still inside but were unable to re-enter.
The actress was later spotted at the scene covered in soot and cradling her dead pet, wrapped in a blanket.
Several residents tried to tackle the blaze with fire extinguishers before at least 10 fire trucks screeched to the scene of the historic A-list complex, which was once lived in by Marilyn Monroe.
The fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished just after 10am following a 9.50 a.m. emergency call.
Ashley Greene’s apartment is located in the Granville Towers complex on Crescent Heights Boulevard in the West Hollywood, which has been home to many celebrities including Monroe, Mickey Rourke and Portia de Rossi.