Happy Halloween! Tips for Halloween safety
Tips for Halloween safety:
- Children should be accompanied by adults at all times. Cross only at corners or marked crosswalks, never cross the street between parked vehicles, never go into a stranger’s house, watch out for cars backing or turning, wear bright colored clothing and use a flashlight.
- Drivers should keep an eye open for children who forget the rules, use caution when traveling and obey posted traffic signs especially in neighborhoods.
- Parents should instruct children not to open candy until they return home, inspect ALL candy for tampering, discuss the route their children should be taking and most important, explain the difference between tricks and vandalism (especially cemeteries).
- Check their neighborhoods for known sex offenders by visiting www.familywatchdog.us
- Homeowners should have a well-lit home both inside and out to prevent vandalism and injuries, remove all obstacles from their lawns to avoid injuries and don’t use candles in ornaments that could set a fire.
Tips for Halloween safety