Two NATO soldiers have been shot dead in southern Afghanistan.
NATO said the attack was carried out by “two individuals, one believed to be an Afghan National Army service member and the other in civilian clothing”.
Hours earlier the head of NATO forces in Afghanistan, Gen John Allen, said the recent violence over the burning of the Koran by US soldiers was a “setback” that would be overcome.
Six NATO personnel have been killed since protests erupted last week.
Gen Allen said he would be willing to walk, unarmed, into the Afghan Interior Ministry in Kabul, where two NATO military advisers were shot dead last Saturday.
Two US soldiers were shot and killed by a man wearing Afghan army uniform during protests at a NATO base in eastern Nangarhar province last Thursday.