Shah Rukh Khan may be banned from entering Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium after brawl with staff
Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan may be banned from entering Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium after reports that he was involved in a brawl with the staff.
Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) president Vilasrao Deshmukh said Bollywood superstar misbehaved with the staff during an Indian Premier League (IPL) match.
Reports said the scuffle took place after Shah Rukh Khan was stopped from entering the stadium on Wednesday night.
The MCA officials said they had lodged a police complaint against Shah Rukh Khan.
Shah Rukh Khan is the owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders team, which won Wednesday night’s match against the Mumbai Indians. He has not yet commented on the incident.
“There is a proposal before MCA to ban the actor from entering the stadium. We will go by whatever the majority decision is,” Vilasrao Deshmukh told reporters on Thursday.
He said the staff’s attempts to pacify Shah Rukh Khan had been unsuccessful.
MCA vice-president Ratnakar Shetty said the association members were “very angry over the incident”.
He said he was not present during the incident, but MCA officials had told him that it was “an unpleasant incident”.
“Foul language was used,” he said.
IPL Chairman Rajiv Shukla said he had asked for a report on the matter.
“I will take the version of the MCA, Shah Rukh Khan and the police before talking about the issue,” he said.
Shah Rukh Khan is one of Bollywood’s biggest stars. He has appeared in more than 70 films, anchored television shows and done innumerable advertisements.