Terrence Howard accuses ex-wife Michelle Ghent of sending death threats via Instagram
Terrence Howard accused his ex-wife Michelle Ghent of sending him death threats via Instagram last year using a fictitious account, court documents revealed.
Terrence Howard and Michelle Ghent divorced in May 2013.
The actor alleged in a May 2014 criminal threat complaint obtained by E! News that, a month prior Terrence Howard and his current wife Mira Pak received multiple written threats.
“The victim and Mira H. fear for their life since the suspect knows where they live,” the complaint stated.
“Mira H. believes the suspect is more than capable of following through her threats.”
Terrence Howard married wife Miranda, his third wife, in late 2013 and they’re currently expecting their first child together, the actor’s fourth kid.
A search warrant was issued for Michelle Ghent’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, as well as the necessary log-ins, IP addresses, etc., to look into her digital footprint.
Per court documents, investigators seized an email from Facebook’s law enforcement response team informing the LAPD that they found Michie_Gent but could not locate the users of the three other account names from which the other threats allegedly came from, as well as 138 pages of subscriber information and copies of posts from April 1, 2014, to July 1, 2014.
The search warrant file alleges that Instagram user ROSEKIM1988 posted a photo from Terrence Howard and Mira Pak’s wedding day with a rude message. The same photo was also sent from the account jchang768 with the same message.
Terrence Howard and Miranda Pak also were targeted in an Instagram post from Michie_Ghent with a photo of a pill bottle with the caption: “oh dear look what I found. Do hope you refilled it’s one of your things you can’t leave home with out.”
The complaint continues: “The victim said that this harassment has been going on for over a year. Now he is receiving threats. He and his wife are afraid that the suspect is going to follow through with the threats. To the victim, the harassment appears to be escalating.”
According to TMZ, Michelle Ghent said that she did not send these messages and that she has talked to police and is no longer considered a suspect.
[youtube IRK47OfDp8c 650]