Mega Millions: Maryland, Illinois and Kansas ticket holders won the biggest jackpot in world history
Lottery officials has announced that three ticket holders have got all six numbers in the $640 million Mega Millions lottery draw – putting them in line to receive $154 million each as a lump sum.
Lottery players in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas hold winning tickets, according to lottery organizers.
The winning numbers were 46, 23, 38, 4 and 2, while the Mega ball was 23 in last night’s draw that saw Americans vie for the biggest lottery jackpot in world history as 1.5 billion tickets were sold across the country.
The average American was more likely to be killed in a mass murder than win the jackpot. Fifty three times more likely, in fact. Dying in an avalanche sometime in the next decade is 160 times more likely than winning.
What could you buy with $640 million?
• Six Boeing 767 private jets
• 270 Bugatti Veyrons, the world’s most expensive car
• 600 years of Tim Tebow at his current salary
• 3,200 tickets into space on Virgin Galactic
• New York’s most expensive $88 million apartment – and another six properties of the same cost
• The New Jersey Nets basketball team
• 120 years in the Presidential suite at New York’s Four Seasons hotel