One Direction will take a break next in 2016 after the release of their fifth album.
This is the band’s first break since getting together on The X Factor in 2010.
According to The Sun, One Directio are going their separate ways in March after the release of their fifth studio album.
Apparently Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan want to concentrate on solo projects, although there’s been no confirmation yet.
The break was planned “with or without Zayn” Malik, who left the band in March.
In June One Direction members were forced to deny speculation that they were taking a break in 2016.
A source told The Sun: “The guys have been together for five years, which is an incredible run for any boy band.
“They fully deserve to have at least a year to work on their own projects.
“There is absolutely no bad blood between them and they are all 100% behind the decision.
“It is definitely not a split and they fully intend to get back together at some time in the future.”
The publication also reports that there will be no tour for One Direction’s fifth album and their last full concert will be at Sheffield’s Motorpoint Arena on October 31 at the moment.
One Direction will have a break over Christmas before getting back together to finish promoting their new album in February.
On August 23, One Direction played in Chicago on the second leg of their On the Road Again Tour.
They have nine more North American dates followed by another 25 concerts in the UK and Ireland including six at London’s O2 Arena.
It is thought the break and the decision not to tour were agreed in a meeting in London last weekend.
Apparently there’s “a lot of interest” in Harry Styles from Hollywood and Louis Tomlinson is “very much in contention to be a judge on The X Factor”, according to The Sun’s source.
It is thought Liam Payne will continue songwriting, producing and DJ’ing rather than starting a solo career.
None of the band’s members have tweeted about the news so far.
In March, One Direction denied rumors they were splitting up after Zayn Malik left to go solo.
The group said they would continue as a four-piece.
One Direction released their fourth studio album, Four, in 2014 with each record making it to No 1 in America.
Zayn Malik’s first solo song has been taken down, less than a day after it was shared on SoundCloud.
Producer Naughty Boy tweeted a link to the track on March 31, with the words “let the music do the talking”.
The song was uploaded less than a week after Zayn Malik confirmed he was quitting One Direction.
Louis Tomlinson accused Naughty Boy of being “inconsiderate” to fans after he re-tweeted a video about Zayn Malik.
The pair argued on Twitter hours before the demo was made public.
Zayn Malik quit One Direction last week saying he wanted to be a “normal 22-year-old”, but early on March 31 Naughty Boy tweeted a link to his first solo song I Won’t Mind.
The track on SoundCloud is now unavailable, but it included the caption: “There is nothing but love for what was left behind. That’s why we don’t mind. 😉 #zaughty #zinabad.”
Naughty Boy, whose real name is Shahid Khan, has previously worked with Emeli Sande, Tinie Tempah, Ed Sheeran, Leona Lewis and Rihanna.
The producer tweeted the song hours after having an argument with Zayn Malik’s former One Direction bandmate Louis Tomlinson.
Louis Tomlinson accused the producer of “trying to wind the fans up” after he re-tweeted a video saying “Zaughty will rise”, a reference to working with Zayn Malik.
He later tweeted: “Wow @NaughtyBoyMusic you’re so inconsiderate pal, seriously how old are you? Grow up! #masterofallwisdom.”
So far, Zayn Malik hasn’t commented on the solo material.
As One Direction carries on as a four-piece, Zayn Malik has been removed from the video montage which plays at the beginning of the band’s shows.
Fans in Johannesburg, South Africa, noticed Zayn Malik was missing from the footage at One Direction’s show on March 29.
[youtube v4VgX1m6a-w 650]
One Direction’s Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson have to post a cash bond to prevent using, or promoting, illegal drugs in Manila.
Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson have been asked to post bonds of 200,000 ($4,450) pesos each for a special work permit, ahead of two concerts in the Philippine capital this weekend.
Local immigration said the bond was intended “to protect public interest”.
It follows a video leaked last May in which Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson were shown allegedly smoking cannabis in Peru.
Elaine Tan, of the Philippine Bureau of Immigration, said the band would be prevented from performing if producers fail to post the cash bond before the concert.
The amount includes an additional processing fee of 20,000 pesos.
“The condition is intended to protect the public interest should the band members commit any violation during their stay in the Philippines,” said Elaine Tan.
It is understood a concert producer went to the Immigration Bureau on March 18 to post the bonds, said Christine Ching, a spokeswoman of Anti-Drugs Advocate.
One Direction has also called on the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency to send officers to monitor the band.
“We want to see their pure, raw, untainted talent,” said Christine Ching, adding that there was concern about the popular band’s influence on Filipino youth.
She said the group had met with concert producers, and they had agreed to allow government drug agencies and advocate groups to monitor band members.
One Direction is due to play at the seaside Mall of Asia Concert Grounds on March 21 and 22.
After the leak emerged last year, One Direction’s Liam Payne – who was not seen in the video – tweeted an apology: “I love my boys and maybe things have gone a little sideways. I apologize for that.”
“We are only in our 20s and we all do stupid things at this age,” Liam Payne wrote.
[youtube zCdai6LUeY4 650]