Who Are Princess Charlotte Godparents?
Prince William and Kate Middleton announced ahead of Princess Charlotte’s christening that they had chosen five godparents for their second child.
Princess Charlotte has two fewer godparents than her brother George, and none from within royal circles.
The christening was held at the Church of St Mary Magdalene, and attended by guests including Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburgh.
Who are the godparents?
- Lady Laura Fellowes – cousin of Prince William, niece of the late Diana, Princess of Wales. As a child Laura Fellowes was famously pictured alongside a young, misbehaving Prince William at the Duke and Duchess of York’s wedding.
- Adam Middleton – cousin of Kate Middleton. She attended his wedding to interior designer Rebecca Poynton in June 2014.
- Thomas van Straubenzee – friend of Prince William’s since prep school. Known as “Van”, he accompanied Prince William on his first official overseas tour to New Zealand.
- James Meade – friend of Prince William’s since Eton and the son of Olympic gold medal-winning equestrian Richard Meade.
- Sophie Carter – a close friend of Kate Middleton’s who has attended charity events with her.