The investigation also found there was not widespread knowledge of Kevin Spacey’s alleged behavior within the organization, the law firm said.
With the exception of one of the claims, none of the reported incidents were raised formally or informally with management.
Kevin Spacey was invited to participate in the investigation but the Old Vic said he did not respond.
The investigation is continuing so more people can come forward.
Current artistic director Matthew Warchus said he had “genuine and deep sympathy for all those who have come forward”.
He added: “Everyone is entitled to work in an environment free from harassment and intimidation.
“The Old Vic is now actively engaged in the process of healing and the process of prevention.”
Matthew Warchus described the allegations as “a shock and a disturbing surprise to many of us”.
“It is incorrect, unfair and irresponsible to say that everybody knew.
“But as a result of the investigation, what we have learnt is how better to call out this behavior in future.”
He said the findings would help “our industry as a whole, as together we rapidly evolve an intelligent new standard of protection and support in and around the workplace”.
The Old Vic’s executive director Kate Varah added that they did not want to “just rush out a statement”, saying: “We have not slept since this came out because we have been doing it in a robust, careful way.”
Kevin Spacey said on November 2 he was seeking treatment, in the wake of the allegations. However, there is no information about what kind of treatment the actor is seeking.
All the Money in the World has also been withdrawn from the American Film Institute’s (AFI) annual festival in Los Angeles later this month.
Valentina Violo, who plays a secretary in Ridley Scott’s movie, said she had met Kevin Spacey at a party held at the end of shooting this summer.
Kevin Spacey’s career has nosedived since the first allegation of advances were made by actor Anthony Rapp on October 30.
Netflix has axed further production of Kevin Spacey’s House of Cards drama and the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced it would no longer give the actor a special Emmy award, and his agent and publicist dropped him as a client.
Anthony Rapp accused Kevin Spacey of trying to seduce him when he was aged 14.
In response to Anthony Rapp’s claims, Kevin Spacey said he had no memory of the incident and offered an apology.
Since then several others have come forward accusing Kevin Spacey of predatory behavior, including Heather Unruh who said the actor had assaulted her 18-year-old son in 2016.
Kevin Spacey’s representatives say he is seeking unspecified treatment.
Since the first allegation of advances were made by Anthony Rapp on October 30, Netflix suspended further production of House of Cards series, the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced it will no longer give the actor a special Emmy award, and his agent and publicist dropped him as a client.
In response to Anthony Rapp’s claims, Kevin Spacey said he has no memory of the incident and offered an apology.
On November 3, UK police confirmed they were investigating an alleged assault on a man from 2008.
Meanwhile, Kevin Spacey said he was seeking treatment after facing the allegations but did not give information about the type.
Since then more men have come forward.
Barman Kris Nixon, from Belfast, Northern Ireland, said he had been working near the Old Vic in 2007 when Kevin Spacey groped him at a party.
Two weeks later, Kris Nixon was in the basement of the bar he had been working in, when, he said, he realized Kevin Spacey was two feet behind him.
House of Cards, an adaptation of the 1990 miniseries of the same name, was first broadcast in 2013.
The first season garnered nine Emmy nominations, becoming the first online streaming series to win such mainstream accolades.
A Netflix spokesman said in a statement: “Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey.
“We will continue to work with MRC [series producer Media Rights Capital] during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.
“We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey.”
MRC said in a statement earlier that it was “deeply troubled” about the allegations against Kevin Spacey.
It said it had dealt with one incident in 2012 in which an unnamed crew member “shared a complaint about a specific remark and gesture made by Kevin Spacey”, that immediate action had been taken and that the issue had been resolved.
Kevin Spacey had “willingly participated in a training process”, MRC added.
The man, aged 23 at the time, is said to have run from the property after Kevin Spacey allegedly said: “Don’t tell anyone about this.”
A police spokesman said it had no record of any arrests having been made in connection with the investigation and police declined to comment on The Sun‘s report, which says the complainant had been interviewed by police.
It comes after a number of allegations, including CNN reporting that Kevin Spacey made the set of Netflix’s House of Cards into a “toxic” work environment through a pattern of harassment.
The CNN report said allegations were made by eight people who currently work on the show, or worked on it in the past, with one former employee alleging Kevin Spacey assaulted him.
House of Cards production has been suspended on October 31 following allegations by Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp, who claimed Kevin Spacey tried to “seduce” him when he was 14.
Kevin Spacey said he was “beyond horrified” to hear of the incident, which he does not remember.
Meanwhile, director Tony Montana also claimed he was groped by Kevin Spacey in a Los Angeles bar in 2003.
Tony Montana said he was left with PTSD for six months after the incident.
Incidents regarding the Oscar-winning actor are also alleged to have taken place in the UK while he was the artistic director at the Old Vic in London between 2004 and 2015.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, who acted in several plays at the theater, claimed Kevin Spacey “routinely preyed” on young male actors.
Earlier this week, the Old Vic set up a confidential complaints process for anyone connected to the theatre to come forward.
The Old Vic said in a statement: “We aim to foster a safe and supportive environment without prejudice, harassment or bullying of any sort, at any level.”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.