House of Cards, an adaptation of the 1990 miniseries of the same name, was first broadcast in 2013.
The first season garnered nine Emmy nominations, becoming the first online streaming series to win such mainstream accolades.
A Netflix spokesman said in a statement: “Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey.
“We will continue to work with MRC [series producer Media Rights Capital] during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.
“We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey.”
MRC said in a statement earlier that it was “deeply troubled” about the allegations against Kevin Spacey.
It said it had dealt with one incident in 2012 in which an unnamed crew member “shared a complaint about a specific remark and gesture made by Kevin Spacey”, that immediate action had been taken and that the issue had been resolved.
Kevin Spacey had “willingly participated in a training process”, MRC added.
The man, aged 23 at the time, is said to have run from the property after Kevin Spacey allegedly said: “Don’t tell anyone about this.”
A police spokesman said it had no record of any arrests having been made in connection with the investigation and police declined to comment on The Sun‘s report, which says the complainant had been interviewed by police.
It comes after a number of allegations, including CNN reporting that Kevin Spacey made the set of Netflix’s House of Cards into a “toxic” work environment through a pattern of harassment.
The CNN report said allegations were made by eight people who currently work on the show, or worked on it in the past, with one former employee alleging Kevin Spacey assaulted him.
House of Cards production has been suspended on October 31 following allegations by Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp, who claimed Kevin Spacey tried to “seduce” him when he was 14.
Kevin Spacey said he was “beyond horrified” to hear of the incident, which he does not remember.
Meanwhile, director Tony Montana also claimed he was groped by Kevin Spacey in a Los Angeles bar in 2003.
Tony Montana said he was left with PTSD for six months after the incident.
Incidents regarding the Oscar-winning actor are also alleged to have taken place in the UK while he was the artistic director at the Old Vic in London between 2004 and 2015.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, who acted in several plays at the theater, claimed Kevin Spacey “routinely preyed” on young male actors.
Earlier this week, the Old Vic set up a confidential complaints process for anyone connected to the theatre to come forward.
The Old Vic said in a statement: “We aim to foster a safe and supportive environment without prejudice, harassment or bullying of any sort, at any level.”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.