Facebook has removed a video of former President Donald Trump from the page of his daughter-in-law Lara Trump.
The social media giant banned Donald Trump from its platform in January following riots by his supporters on the Capitol building in Washington.
Lara Trump, a new Fox News contributor, posted a video of herself interviewing Donald Trump on a range of issues.
Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law later posted a screenshot of an email she received from Facebook warning her of the ban.
“In line with the block we placed on Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the account,” an email from “Katelyn” read.
Lara Trump, who is married to Eric Trump, instead posted the interview for her own online show The Right View on the video platform Rumble and linked to it from her Facebook page.
“And just like that, we are one step closer to Orwell’s 1984. Wow,” she commented on her Instagram account.
Long-time Trump supporter and Fox News TV host Sean Hannity described the move as “extreme censorship” in a tweet.
Facebook’s suspension of Donald Trump’s account on January 7 – a day after the Capitol riots – is being reviewed by its new Oversight Board, which was set up to rule on controversial moderation decisions.
Defending the ban at the time, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg said: “We believe the risks of allowing the president to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great.”
Former President Donald Trump was also banned from Twitter and YouTube.
Trump Hotel Collection is investigating claims that it fall victim to a credit and debit card security breach.
Security expert Brian Krebs reported that US banks had identified a pattern of fraudulent transactions involving accounts that had been used at a Trump Hotel Collection property.
The attack appeared to date back to February, he said.
The company said it was carrying out a “thorough investigation”.
“Like virtually every other company these days, we have been alerted to potential suspicious credit card activity and are in the midst of a thorough investigation to determine whether it involves any of our properties.
“We are committed to safeguarding all guests’ personal information and will continue to do so vigilantly,” the Trump Organization executive vice-president Eric Trump said.
Photo Getty Images
In a blogpost published on July 1, Brian Krebs – a former Washington Post journalist – cited data from unnamed sources at several US banks suggesting a pattern of bank accounts being involved in suspicious transactions.
What each of the cases reportedly had in common was that the associated credit and debit cards had all previously been used at Trump hotels.
Brian Krebs reported that at least five different locations were involved: Chicago; Honolulu; Las Vegas; Los Angeles; Miami; and New York.
The claims brought concerns about the security of US credit cards to the fore. Many people in the US still swipe their cards and verify their identities with their signatures, while other countries have moved on to chip-and-pin.
If the fears were confirmed, the Trump Organization would become the latest in a series of US companies to be the victim of a credit and debit card breach.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.