The Redemption Of The Devil, a documentary about American rock band Eagles of Death Metal has been pulled from the International Documentary Film Festival in Amsterdam.
The documentary follows band frontman Jesse Hughes in the build up to the release of their new album.
Gunmen killed 89 people at the band’s gig
Eagles of Death Metal were performing at the Bataclan concert hall where gunmen killed 89 people in last week’s Paris attacks.
The band escaped, but members of their crew and record company were killed.
The documentary, made by director Alex Hoffman, follows the band’s charismatic, hard-living frontman as he hits 40, becomes ordained as a Catholic minister and ponders a future in politics.
On November 19, Eagles of Death Metal issued their first statement about the attack and said they were “bonded in grief with the victims, the fans… and all those affected by terrorism”.
They said they were “horrified and still trying to come to terms with what happened in France” and all shows were on hold until further notice.
Meanwhile, new figures show ticket sales for concerts in Paris have fallen by around 80% since the series of attacks in the city.
Following the incident at the Bataclan, bands including U2 and Foo Fighters cancelled gigs.
A spokesman for Prodiss, the music industry producers group, said: “The attacks sent a shock wave that has hit our audiences hard.”
The group is carrying out a full audit to see how many concerts have been cancelled, but fear the cost of extra security measures might lead to more shows being pulled.
“Producers are extremely worried about the future. They work on quite a narrow margin,” the spokesman said, adding the Christmas period was crucial for the industry.
French Culture Minister Fleur Pellerin has promised an emergency fund of 4 million euros to help get live entertainment up and running again and help with the cost of new security measures.
However, Prodniss said double that was needed.
“We have to rebuild the public’s confidence, make them feel happy and relaxed about going out to concerts again,” it said.
A Hillary Clinton documentary project has been cancelled after its director Charles Ferguson said political interference had made the film impossible.
In a Huffington Post blog, Charles Ferguson said pressure from Hillary Clinton supporters in the Democratic Party led to many sources shying away.
In August, the opposition Republican Party voted to boycott debates on CNN if the programme went ahead.
It also said it would boycott NBC, which plans a mini-series on Hillary Clinton.
The latter series, still in the early stages of production, is set to star actress Diane Lane as the former First Lady.
Hillary Clinton documentary project has been cancelled after its director Charles Ferguson said political interference had made the film impossible
Hillary Clinton, wife of President Bill Clinton, has been closely watched as a possible contender for the Democratic Party’s 2016 nomination since leaving her position as secretary of state under President Barack Obama in January.
In his blog, Charles Ferguson wrote: “When I approached people for interviews, I discovered that nobody, and I mean nobody, was interested in helping me make this film.
“Not Democrats, not Republicans – and certainly nobody who works with the Clintons, wants access to the Clintons, or dreams of a position in a Hillary Clinton administration.
“After painful reflection, I decided that I couldn’t make a film of which I would be proud. And so I’m cancelling. (Not because of any pressure from CNN – quite the contrary).
“It’s a victory for the Clintons, and for the money machines that both political parties have now become. But I don’t think that it’s a victory for the media, or for the American people.”
The Republican National Committee (RNC) had claimed both the CNN and NBC productions amounted “to little more than extended commercials promoting former Secretary Clinton” and “political ads masked as unbiased entertainment”.
CNN has not commented on the cancellation of the project.
North Korean television has aired a documentary to honor what is reported to be the birthday of its new leader, Kim Jong-Un.
The footage shows Kim Jong-Un in his new role as supreme military commander – inspecting troops, saluting and sitting in a tank.
The documentary also confirms that Kim Jong-Un was being groomed for the role from 2009, showing footage of him from that time watching a rocket launch with his father, Kim Jong-Il.
Kim Jong-un’s age is not known but he is believed to be in his late 20s.
The death of Kim Jong-Il on 17 December left the threat of a dangerous vacuum in a society raised to venerate one supreme leader.
Less than a month on, North Korea’s unique media machine is already working to fill it.
The footage shows Kim Jong-Un in his new role as supreme military commander - inspecting troops, saluting and sitting in a tank
The documentary shows Kim Jong-Un manoeuvring a tank, watching jet fighter and firing exercises and posing for photographs with soldiers.
The film also shows Kim Jong-Un with his father shaking hands with officials at a satellite control centre after scientists launched a rocket in April 2009.
“I had decided to wage a real war if the enemies shot down the rocket,” Kim Jong-Un is quoted as saying.
The documentary also shows him visiting factories, talking to officials and inspecting their work – all the things his father used to do.
Websites linked to the North Korean government have already begun describing the new leader as having the wisdom of great men, extraordinary competence and military brilliance.
Kim Jong-Un was named “supreme leader of the party, state and army” following the death of Kim Jon-Il.
The young leader has already pledged to continue with Kim Jong-Il’s “military first” policies.