What happens to various items in the microwave?
One person wondered what would happen to a host of items that ranged from eggs and tomatoes to music CDs and light bulbs if they are put in a microwave.
The video of the experiment was uploaded onto YouTube and reveals the devastating effect once the microwave was switched on.
Amongst the items that were quick to burst were an egg, a tomato and a limes.
Unsurprisingly, a watermelon proved more resilient, yet a bottle of beer also shattered to its core.
A number of items caught fire including a light bulb, a CD, a carton of juice and some tin foil.
Despite the frivolous footage, doctors having previously warned of the dangers of exploding items leading to serious injuries.
In April, 2004, a 9-year-old girl who was left temporarily blind after being hit in the face by an exploding egg was highlighted by eye experts.
Writing in the British Medical Journal, experts said warnings about the risks of heating eggs in their shells in the microwave should be made more obvious, perhaps being displayed on the oven itself.
The ophthalmologists from Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup, Kent, and King’s College Hospital in London said exploding microwaved eggs or eggshells had caused facial, eyelid and corneal burns of varying severity.
They pointed out that even eggs out of their shell with pierced yolks could explode when microwaved.