An assault charge against Justin Bieber stemming from an alleged 2013 attack on a limo driver in Toronto has been dropped by the Canadian prosecutors.
A driver who picked up Justin Bieber and his entourage from a nightclub in December 2013 said one of the passengers struck him.
However, a prosecutor said on September 8 the evidence could not prove the singer was the assailant.
Justin Bieber still faces separate assault charges in his native Ontario.
In August, police said Justin Bieber crashed his quad bike into a minivan in Stratford, and was arrested after allegedly getting to a fight with the other vehicle’s driver.
Ontario Provincial Police released him on a promise to appear in court on September 29 on charges of assault and dangerous driving.
His lawyer, Brian Greenspan, has said Justin Bieber’s “peaceful retreat in Stratford this weekend was unfortunately disrupted by the unwelcome presence of the paparazzi”.
“This has regrettably resulted in charges of dangerous driving and assault.”
In the December 2013 case involving the limo driver, prosecutor David Mitchell told a court the Crown had decided to withdraw the charge after a review of the evidence indicated the prosecution would be unable to confirm the assailant was Justin Bieber.
“There were a number of people in the vehicle seated behind the driver at the time of the incident and the Crown is not in a position to establish the identity of the person who came into contact with the complainant beyond a reasonable doubt based on the available evidence,” David Mitchell said, according to the Toronto Sun.
Justin Bieber has had multiple legal troubles over the past year but has avoided jail time.
Last month Justin Bieber pleaded guilty in Florida to careless driving and resisting arrest in a deal that avoided a drugged-driving conviction.
[youtube u7PE3sYoxZI 650]
In July, Justin Bieber pleaded no contest to a vandalism charge in California for throwing eggs at a neighbor’s house.