The US and UK police are conducting investigations into assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein.
The NYPD is looking into an allegation dating from 2004 and is reviewing whether there are any additional complaints.
Meanwhile, London’s Metropolitan Police has received an allegation of assault in the London area in the 1980s.
Harvey Weinstein, 65, has “unequivocally denied” any allegations of non-consensual intercourse.
The NYPD said it was “looking to speak” to an individual who had made an allegation dating from 2004.
Assistant Commissioner J. Peter Donald said: “Based on information referenced in published news reports, the NYPD is conducting a review to determine if there are any additional complaints relating to the Harvey Weinstein matter.
“No filed complaints have been identified as of this time.”
The force also appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
London’s Met Police, meanwhile, said it had been passed the allegation of assault by Merseyside Police.
A Merseyside Police statement said it “can confirm a report was received at 8.40 am on Wednesday (October 11, 2017) of an alleged s**ual assault in the London area in the 1980s”.
The investigations come as more women publicly accuse Harvey Weinstein of inappropriate behavior, harassment or assault.
Kate Beckinsale is one of the latest, saying she had an encounter with the film producer at the age of 17, at the Savoy Hotel in London.
The actress said on Instagram she was told to go to Harvey Weinstein’s room, where he “opened the door in his bathrobe”.
“After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed.
“A few years later he asked me if he had tried anything with me in that first meeting. I realized he couldn’t remember if he had assaulted me or not,” the British actress said.
Cara Delevingne also said Harvey Weinstein tried to kiss her as she tried to leave a hotel room.
Emma Thompson also said sh4 found him to be a “bully” when his company Miramax owned the rights to her film Nanny McPhee.
According to The New Yorker, three women have accused Harvey Weinstein of rape.
His spokeswoman Sallie Hofmeister has said the producer “obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual.
“Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path.”
Speaking on October 11, Harvey Weinstein said: “We all make mistakes – second chance I hope.”
The movie mogul told TMZ: “Guys I’m not doing OK but I’m trying; I’ve got to get help. I’m hanging in – I’m trying my best.”
TMZ reported Harvey Weinstein was heading to Arizona to a treatment facility.
As he departed in a car, the producer made a plea for fair treatment from reporters, saying: “I’ve always been loyal to you guys… I’ve been a good guy.”
Meanwhile, the hosts of the Oscars are to hold emergency talks this weekend to consider Harvey Weinstein’s future role.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said the allegations of assault against him were “repugnant”.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) has already suspended Harvey Weinstein’s membership.
A statement has also been issued by Cannes Film Festival, which Harvey Weinstein attended many times.
President Pierre Lescure said the festival had been “dismayed to learn of the accusations”.