Not every student is born to become a talented writer; far from everyone has good writing skills and knowledge on how to commit to paper. Unfortunately, this doesn’t prevent from writing assignments all the students have to accomplish during their academic career. It remains to polish up skills and develop writing talents. We have prepared some tips for you that will help you prepare an A-grade paper.
What’s Important in an Essay?
If you have decided to work on a writing assignment yourself, without ordering services like essaybox, then you should pay special attention to the following aspects of writing.
- The discussion of a specific topic or issue.
- An essay shows personal ideas of an author on a particular issue.
- The paper presents a new idea or point of view about something.
- In a paper, the personality of the author, his worldview, feelings, thoughts, and experience are evaluated.
Writing an essay is extremely useful since the activity teaches the author how formulate thoughts clearly, structure information, use the basic concepts, highlight and illustrate the experience with relevant examples. Although all these may seem to be difficult, after training, there will be no problem for you to prepare a successful essay.
Structure & Outline
There are no strict requirements on how many paragraphs an essay should contain; the amount of words and length of each section are not limited as well. The structure of an essay is determined by the teacher’s requirements. As a general rule, an essay has a repetitive structure (the number of theses and arguments depends on the topic, outline, and the logic). It has the following format:
- Thesis statement:
- First main point supported by arguments;
- Second main point supported by arguments;
- Third main point supported by arguments;
Bear in mind that there may be as many main points as you wish. It is important here to have each statement supported by evidence, examples, and explanations. When working on an essay, it is necessary to consider the following things:
- Introduction and conclusion should closely focus on the problem.
- Think on the paragraphes, main points, and arguments in order to establish a logical connection between all the essay sections; thus, the integrity of the work is achieved.
- From the formal rules of writing an essay, you can only name one thing, the presence of a title.
- There should be a thesis statement in an essay. It can be one or several sentences, where you express the main idea you are going to prove in a paper. A thesis should be stated in the introduction, with being repeated in the conclusion.
To assure that there are no mistakes in a paper, it is advised to check the draft of your work. When preparing the first version of an essay, your main task is to develop an argument, refine the basic ideas, and arrange them in a logical sequence, supporting each section with illustrative materials, examples, and auxiliary data. When the first draft is ready, relax for 1-2 days and then go back to work on reading your paper. When going through the ready-made essay, pay special attention to the following points:
- An essay is a subjective genre, so its evaluation can be subjective.
- Regardless of what’s the purpose of an essay, you need to achieve certain goals. Make sure that each main point has supporting ideas and strong arguments towards them. The details will make your essay interesting and unique.
- Assure there is a logical flow of thought in your writing.
- Make sure to use transitional elements for linking ideas.
Everything is easy when started in time. Writing a 1-paper essay takes some time, what to say about an essay written for the first time. So make sure to have at least one day to accomplish the task without missing a deadline.