Suge Knight is being sought by police after a man was killed and another injured in Los Angeles.
The 49-year-old record producer is suspected of running the men over after an argument on a film set.
“So far we have not confirmed it was him, driving the truck. So we’re not saying Suge Knight was driving the truck at this time,” said Lt John Corina, from Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
“Although we want to talk to him, since the truck supposedly belongs to him.”
“He was in the process of being physically assaulted by two men and in an effort to escape he unfortunately hit two (other) individuals,” lawyer James Blatt said.
“He was in his car trying to escape.
“We are confident that once the investigation is completed, he will be totally exonerated,” James Blatt added.
Suge Knight planned to turn himself in to authorities, he said.
Los Angeles County sheriff’s Lt John Corina said: “From the people we’ve talked to so far, and we still have more witnesses to talk to, so far the people we’ve talked to say it looked like it was an intentional act.
“So we’re handling it as a homicide.”
Police say a red pickup truck hit the men while they were in the car park of a fast-food restaurant and then drove away.
A 55-year-old man died at a hospital and a 51-year-old man was injured but John Corina did not have any more information about his condition.
The empty truck was found on January 29 in a West Los Angeles car park.
It’s been claimed that Marion “Suge” Knight drove to the fast-food restaurant car park after an argument on the set of a film about rap pioneers NWA.
Witnesses said another argument then occurred before the accident.
James Blatt said he had not yet spoken to Suge Knight but that he planned to negotiate to surrender. There is no word yet on when that will happen.
[youtube OPZI93kaF3M 650]