Saved by the Bell actor Dustin Diamond has been ordered to go on trial over the stabbing of a man at a bar on Christmas Day.
Dustin Diamond, 37, is charged with felony reckless endangerment and two misdemeanors.
His lawyer, Thomas Alberti, said there were no witnesses who said they saw Dustin Diamond stab the man but a judge ruled there was enough evidence for a trial.
The stabbing is said to have happened in a bar in Port Washington, Wisconsin.
The man was not seriously hurt during the fight at The Grand Avenue Saloon.
Dustin Diamond’s fiancée Amanda Schutz, who appeared in court with him on January 5, told police she shoved a woman who was making rude remarks to them.
Port Washington police officer Ryan Hurda, who testified during the hearing, said that a man pushed Dustin Diamond as he moved towards the fight.
The man’s brother “intervened when he heard the snap of a knife”, said Ryan Hurda.
The brother did not see Dustin Diamond stab anyone, Ryan Hurda added, and there was nothing in the bar’s video surveillance that showed the actor stabbing the man.
“No, it’s not distinct, but you see he’s holding some type of object in his right hand,” Ryan Hurda said.
Thomas Alberti asked for his client to be allowed to leave Wisconsin, Dustin Diamond’s home state, for a short time.
Dustin Diamond was granted permission to perform at comedy shows which he had already scheduled in other states. He remains free on $10,000 bond.
Saved by the Bell aired during the 1990s and followed the lives of a group of high school students.
Since the show ended, Dustin Diamond has been sued a number of times for failure to pay taxes and in foreclosure proceedings following missed mortgage payments.
[youtube GIZl-uvsxHo 650]